Mill+ teamed up with YDA for the second year in a row to produce the dynamic 2013 Young Director’s Award titles.
The opening title sequence takes us on a journey through a world of imaginative shapes and silhouettes. Using the concept of a creative storm as a narrative device, we see the visuals finally erupt into a hurricane of spiralling motion.
Director Antar Walker comments, “Using a combination of live action, 2D and 3D animation, we delve into the perspective of a young director as his mind is hit with a storm of creativity, ideas, colour and motion.”
Executive producer Luke Colson said, “We are honoured to be associated with the YDA’s once again and look forward to our next collaboration. This year’s opening title film is something we are very proud of, a great piece of direction in it’s own right. Thanks to Francois and all the team for allowing us such creative freedom.”
- Director: Antar Walker
- Editor: Charlotte Carr, Will Barnett
- Executive Producer: Luke Colson
- 3D Artists: Gabor Ekes, Russell Etheridge
- Colourist: Houmam Abdallah
- Story Board Artist: John Colebourn
- Art Director/Designer: Antar Walker
- Animation: Ivo Sousa, Shaun Leong-Williams, Gabor Ekes, Russell Etheridge
- Sound Design: Tro